1. Only simple minded people can be hypnotized.
2. Only intelligent people can be hypnotized.
3. If someone resists the hypnotist they cannot be hypnotized
4. Nobody can be hypnotized without their knowledge
5. Some people cannot be hypnotized at all
6. Successful hypnosis requires a peaceful quiet situation
7. A hypnotist cannot make someone do something which is against their natural moral code
8. You cannot hypnotize someone to become more successful
9. You cannot hypnotize someone to become more healthy [unless, of course they are suffering from a psycho-somatic condition.
10. Some people are easier to hypnotize than others.
So, how did you do?
1. In fact, it is not true that only simple minded people can be hypnotized. If anything, it is easier to hypnotize an intelligent person. This seeming anomaly of hypnosis is explained in the School of Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy’s courses.
2. This is also wrong. Not only can people of high and average intelligence be hypnotized but people of low intelligence can also be hypnotized. Indeed, dogs, cats, horses and even fish can be hypnotized ... even the mad chicken running around the hen coop can be hypnotized
3. When someone resists the hypnotist it can cause problems. However, a competent hypnotist faced with a resistant subject can overcome that resistance.
4. People can be hypnotized without their knowledge. It happens every day to everyone.
5. There is a respectably large constituency of people who maintain that they cannot be hypnotized. They are wrong.
6. Inducing hypnotic trances is often more easily effected in a quiet peaceful environment. However, it can be induced even when the subject is experiencing severe trauma for example after a road accident or in the middle of a battlefield.
7. Most hypnotists will tell you that you cannot hypnotize someone to do something which is against their natural moral code. This is actually wrong. Admittedly it does require a high level of knowledge and skill, but it is perfectly possible. It happens every day.
8. You can hypnotize anyone to become more successful.
9. Even someone who suffers from a very serious illness can have the course of their illness improved using hypnotherapeutic techniques.
10. This is true. Some people are easier to hypnotize than others. That is why competent hypnotherapists are trained in a range of techniques which will cover all situations.